• Performed Sweet d’Buster quirky mix of funk, progressive and hard rock real hard and enjoyed popularity in native land. Their songs the band chose to perform in English, they have shown on his ring debut album (released in 1976). To record their second album, “Friction”, they say, it took almost half a year! Maybe that’s why meticulous audiophiles immediately rated it much higher than the debut. Group clearly progressed, but along with this confusion began with changes in the composition. Releasing the live album “Gigs” and third album “Shot Into the Blue” (1979) musicians dispersed to other teams (according to the information on alexgitlin.com, it happened at the end of 1980).
• The opener “Friction”, Angel is a true overture, beautiful swinging and thrusting. With Can not Buy Me Love is just a small step back, but Sweet d’Buster’s design makes this Beatles song into a real experience. Hard Stone Jungle swings again like a train at the end Still Believe begins quietly – to catch our breath, but quickly picks up this laid back soulfull song you. With Money Song is the A side of this LP soulfull swinging closed.
• And then begins side B. Stir Up The Fire begins quietly, but gradually the fire higher and higher stoked … until … Ahhh, what a beautiful piece. With Smash the Mirror – a piece of R.J. Stips about Elvis among others – is a step backwards. I’ve Gotta Know brings the swing slowly back to a good preparation for the next piece to finish.
• And that is: It Takes a Lot of Time (To Let All The People Know). It is a R.J. Stips classic of his first solo album “Never Greens”, but in a more swinging Sweet d’Buster package. All burn audible to their contribution. A wonderful finale of this five-star album!
Bertus Borgers (vocals, saxophone)
Herman Deinum (bass)
Hans Lafaille (drums)
Paul Smeenk (guitar, vocals)
Robert Jan Stips (keyboards, synthesizer, vocals)
Josee Van Iersel – Meike Touw
01. Angel (Borgers/Deinum) 5.19
02. Can’t Buy Me Love (Lennon/McCartney) 4.47
03. Hard Stone Jungle (Borgers/Smeenk) 5.03
04. Still Believe (Borgers/Smeenk) 4.05
05. Money Song (Borgers) 3.45
06. Stir Up The Fire (Borgers/Lafaille/Stips) 5.41
07. Smash The Mirror (Link/Stips) 4.12
08. I’ve Gotta Know (Link/Smeenk) 5.47
09. It Takes A Lot Of Time (To Let All People Know) (Deinum/Stips) 4.48