Here is the third album in João Gilberto’s trilogy of blueprints for Bossa Nova, following his celebrated 1959 debut, Chega de Saudade and it’s sequel, O amor, o sorriso e a flor (Love, a Smile and a Flower).
Produced by Antonio Carlos Jobim and Walter Wanderley, the album combines a splendid Bossa Nova repertoire of Jobim, Vinicius de Moraes and Carlos Lyra originals with Gilberto’s interpretations of songs from Brazil’s musical past.
The performances of these enchanting songs display the full range of João Gilberto’s singular style; the intimate voice and his innovative, linear approach to the guitar that revolutionized Brazilian music and the international pop scene.
On this album João Gilberto was accompanied by Walter Wanderley (orgn) and hisgroup.
And it´s another highlight in the long career of the one and only João Gilberto.
João Gilberto (vocals, guitar)
The Walter Wanderley Group
01. Samba da minha terra (Caymmi) 2.21
02. O barquinho (Menescal/Bôscoli) 3.21
03. Bolinha de papel (Pereira) 1.19
04. Saudade da Bahia (Caymmi) 2.16
05. A primeira vez (Marçal/Bide) 1.52
06. O amor em paz (Jobim/de Moraes)
07. Você e eu (Carlos Lyra – Vinicius de Moraes) 2.31
08. Trem de Ferro-Trenzinho (Maia) 1.51
09. Coisa mais linda (Lyra/de Moraes) 2.52
10. Presente de natal (Noronha) 1.54
11. Insensatez (Jobim/de Moraes) 2.26
12. Este seu olhar (Jobim) 2.14