Many years ago I got this pretty good and rare album by Mountain from another record collector from the USA.
He wrote me, that this is a Mountain gig, recorded live at the Fillmore East, New York in June 1970.
I´m not sure, if this information is correct … I guess this recording is a composite from various live recordings during 1970-71. Some of it definitely is from the closing night of the Fillmore East in June 1971. In 1970, they were not yet performing songs from the Nantucket Sleighride album (Nantucket Sleighride, Traveling in the Dark) as Mr. Leslie6042 wrote on youtube.
Anyway, we can hear Mountain at their peak … with rare live recordings from classic tracks like “For Yasgur’s Farm” and “Travelin’ In The Dark”.
Another highlight is of course and early version of their great “Nantucket Sleighride” and finally a fantastic version of the heavy jam of the incredible “Dreams Of Milk And Honey” … including a long and outstandig bass-solo by Felix Pappalardi.
It´s time to discover the very unique sound of Mountain … one of the greatest hard rock bands of all time … believe me !
Steve Knight (organ)
Corky Laing (drums)
Felix Pappalardi (bass, vocals)
Leslie West (guitar, vocals)
01. Bill Graham introduction + Silver Paper (Laing/Pappalardi/Collins/ Gardos/West/Knight) 8.17
02. Nantucket Sleighride (Pappalardi/Collins) 6.08
03. For Yasgur’s Farm (Laing/Rea/Pappalardi/Collins/Ship/Gardos) 4.16
04. Travelin’ In The Dark (Laing/Pappalardi/Collins) 5.06
05. Blood Of The Sun (West/Pappalardi/Collins) 3.19
06. Dreams Of Milk And Honey ((Pappalardi/Ventura/West/Landsberg)) + Mississippi Queen ((West/Laing/Pappalardi/Rea) 29.33