I´m intersted in music from all over the world.
The other day I found this LP in my vinyl archive … music from Siberia:
Siberia is an extensive geographical region in North Asia. It has been a colonial possession of Russia since the latter half of the 16th century, after the Russians conquered lands east of the Ural Mountains. Siberia is vast and sparse, and covers an area of over 13.1 million square kilometres (5,100,000 sq mi), but is home to merely one-fifths of Russia’s entire population. Novosibirsk is the largest city in the region.
The territory of Siberia extends eastwards from the Ural Mountains to the Pacific Ocean, and includes most of the drainage basin of the Arctic Ocean. The river Yenisey divides Siberia into two parts, Western and Eastern. Siberia stretches southwards from the Arctic Ocean to the hills of north-central Kazakhstan and to the national borders of Mongolia and China. The central part of Siberia (Siberian Federal District) is considered the core part of the region in Russia, while the western part (Ural Federal District) is called Ural, and the far eastern part (Far Eastern Federal District) has been historically called the Russian Far East.
Siberia is known worldwide primarily for its long, harsh winters, with a January average of −25 °C (−13 °F). It is geographically situated in Asia; however, due to it getting colonised and incorporated into Russia, it is culturally and politically a part of Europe. European cultural influences, specifically Russian, are predominant in the entire region, due to it experiencing Russian emigration from Europe starting from the 18th century. (wikipedia)
And we hear a music with really great voices, even this music is not the unsual music in this blog … but … I´m interested in music from all over the world !
State Siberain Folk Choir conducted by A.P. Novikov
G. Merkulova (vocals on 04.)
01. All Siberians Remember (Traditional/Korsakov) 3.17
02. Gathering Of Hops (Traditional) 3.17
03. The Wide Spaces Of Siberia (Pukhnachev/Levashov) 3.06
04. Makhonka (Siberian Tongue-Twisters) (Traditional/Korsakov) 3.23
05. Folk Song Of Praise (Pukhnachev/Novikov) 3.17
06. Oh, Steppes (Pukhnachev/Novikov) 2.56
07. The Verse And The Hammer (Mayakovsky/Maslov) 3.341
08. Unknown track 2.51
09. Russia (Pukhnachev/Zakharchenko) 3.10
10. Guelder-Rose (Izmailovsky/Zakharchenko) 4.07
11. You Are My Dawn (Traditional) 2.37
12. Don’t Lament, Girls (Tarasov/Novikov) 2.19
13. I’ll Go To Town (Traditional) 2.26
14. Why Do You Sit Up Till Midnight (Traditional) 3.087
15. Teasers (Traditional) 3.36