Not only for the music of the Sixties were there many low budget samplers, the same is true for the musicians of the Seventies.
And here is such an example. A 4 CD box called “Hits Of The 70´s”.
And it is another example of how music history is robbed, because here too we do not hear the original recordings, but cheap copies, recorded by some unknown studio musicians.
I didn’t know most of the songs. That has to do with the fact that the songs here mostly come from the Bubblegum, Pop Rock, Soft Rock, Ballad, Disco, Soul genre.
And this was and is not the music that appeals to me.
But this kind of music marketing is also part of music history, a sad part.
And that’s why this music also has a place – now and then – in this blog.
That’s all I can think of to say about this entry.
01. Disco Tex & The Sex-O-Lettes: I Wanna Dance Wit Choo (Crewe/Randell) 3.36
02. Barry Blue: Dancin’ On A Saturday Night (de Paul/Blue) 3.09
03. Christie: San Bernardino (Christie) 3.04
04. The Glitter Band: Goodbye My Love (Shepard) 3.58
05. Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose: Treat Her Like A Lady (E.cornelius/C.Cornelius) 2.42
06. Mungo Jerry: Alright, Alright, Alright (Dutronc/Strange/Lanzmann) 2.51
07. The Dells: Give Your Baby A Standing Ovation (Johnson/Williams) 4.23
08. Harold Melvin: The Love I Lost (Huff/Gamble) 3.33
09. George McCrae: It’s Been So Long (Casey/Finch) 2.11
10. The New Seekers: Look What They’ve Done To My Song (Safka) 2.59
11. The Fortunes: The Same Old Feeling (MacAuley/MacLeod) 3.23
12. Daddy Dewdrop: Chick A Boom, Chick A Boom (Gwin/Martin) 2.46
13. Freda Payne: Band Of Gold (Dunbar/Wayne) 4.05
14. Dobie Gray: Feelings (Albert) 3.31
15. John Travolta: Greased Lightning (Jacobs/Casey) 3.17
16. People’s Choice: Do It Any Way You Want (Huff) 3.04
17. Gene Chandler: Groovy Situation (Lewis/Davis) 2.48
18. The Fantastics: Something Old, Something New (Greenaway/Cook/MacAulay) 2.38
19. R.B. Greaves: Always Something There To Remind Me (Bacharach/David) 2.59
20. Billy Ocean: Emotions In Motion (Findon) 3.17
21. The New Seekers: I Get A Little Sentimental Over You (MacAulay/Stephens) 2.49
22. Eddie Holman: Lonely Girl (Shuman/Carr) 3.14
23. The Rubettes: I Can Do It (Bickerton/Waddington) 2.18
24. Lobo: I’d Love You To Want Me (LaVoie) 3.19
25. Sweet: Little Willie (Chinn/Chapman) 3.10
More from this fucking edition: