The Concert is a second live album by American rock band Creedence Clearwater Revival, released by Fantasy Records in October 1980. The album was recorded at the Oakland Coliseum in Oakland, California on January 31, 1970.
Originally the album was mistakenly titled The Royal Albert Hall Concert. Only later was it discovered that it was not recorded at the Royal Albert Hall, it was duly renamed for later reissues.
The album reached #62 on the Billboard 200 in 1981. The album achieved gold status (500,000 units sold) by the Recording Industry Association of America on February 27, 1986 and made platinum status (1,000,000 units sold) on September 30, 1996. (by wikipedia)
“Midnight On The Bay” is the same concert that Fantasy Records first released as “The Royal Albert Hall Concert” and then as “In Concert”.
There are three reasons to get this album: First, it’s one of their greatest performances. Second, it sounds better than others release, and third, it doesn’t have the annoying fades between songs. It’s the complete show as it was performed that night. (by vivalesbootlegs.blogspot)
The album simply captures Creedence Clearwater Revival at the height of their powers, when they were the most popular American rock & roll band. They released three albums in 1969, all of which went into the Top 10. They had three number two singles that year (“Proud Mary,” “Bad Moon Rising,” “Green River”) and one number three single (“Down on the Corner”). They were simply a phenomenon and this record shows why. It’s not as good as a compilation of hit singles; CCR were the rare excellent live band whose studio recordings were as ferocious as their stage work, and those were better detailed, too. Still, it’s a pretty terrific little record, since the band is in fine form, tearing through the hits and such album favorites as “Tombstone Shadow,” “Don’t Look Now,” “Born on the Bayou,” “The Midnight Special,” and “Keep on Chooglin’.” Only hardcore fans really need to pick up this record and they might not even spin it all that often. But when they do, they’ll wind up satisfied. (by Stephen Thomas Erlewine)
Recorded live at The Oakland Coliseum Show From January 31, 1970
01. Born On The Bayou (J.Fogerty) 5.14
02. Green River (J.Fogerty) 3.00
03. Tombstone Shadow (J.Fogerty) 4.05
04. Don’t Look Now (It Ain’t You or Me) (J.Fogerty) 2.05
05. Travelin’ Band (J.Fogerty) 2.18
06. Who’ll Stop the Rain? (J.Fogerty) 2.31
07. Bad Moon Rising (J.Fogerty) 2.16
08. Proud Mary (J.Fogerty) 3.09
09. Fortunate Son (J.Fogerty) 2.22
10. Commotion (J.Fogerty) 2.36
11. The Midnight Special (Traditional) 3.48
12. Night Time Is The Right Time (Brown/Cadena/Herman) 3.29
13. Down on the Corner (J.Fogerty) 2.44
14. Keep On Chooglin’ (J.Fogerty) 9.09