If there’s a better way of “LIVING IT UP” than through the medium of music, it’s yet to be found! And, one of the most popular sounds in music today is the big band – one of the greatest examples of which is the wonderful Bert Kaempfert Orchestra. In addition to personifying today’s big band sound, Bert Kaempfert is responsible, perhaps more than any other single factor, for the renewed interest in the popular orchestra. Conductor-composer-arranger-instrumentalist (clarinet, saxophone, piano, accordion) Bert Kaempfert is responsible for several of the most sizzling recent song hits… among them, the beautiful Wonderland By Night, Afrikaan Beat, and A Swingin’ Safari. Claiming compositions as his first love, Mr. Kaempfert wrote two of the three previously mentioned hits, Afrikaan Beat and A Swingin’ Safari, and his prolific pen is responsible for no less than ten of the melodies performed in this album!
Here is Bert Kaempfert and his Orchestra… with an orchestral sound and style that is characteristically ideal for either listening or dancing, and the greatest prescription for “LIVING IT UP” ever discovered.
01. Gentleman Jim (Kaempfert) 2.39
02. In The Mood (Razaf/Garland) 2.45
03. Dutch Treat (Kaempfert/Rehbein) 2.15
04. Tipsy Gypsy (Kaempfert/Rehbein/Gabler/Ilene) 2.32
05. Don’t Talk To Me (Kaempfert/Rehbein) 2.42
06. Fluter’s Holiday (Kaempfert) 2.42
07. Give And Take (Kaempfert/Templin) 2.27
08. Danke Schön (Candlelight Cafe) (Kaempfert/Schwabach/Gabler) 3.15
09. Two On A Tune (Kaempfert/Ilene) 2.42
10. Living It Up (Kaempfert) 2.15
11. Easy Going (Kaempfert) 2.23
12. Tricky Trombone (Kaempfert/Rehbein) 2.09