Oh yeah … here´s a real nugget …
Hey… Bo Diddley: In Concert is a 1986 live album by Bo Diddley, recorded on a European tour. His backing band for the performances on the album were Mainsqueeze, featuring guitarist Eric Bell, previously of Thin Lizzy, and Dick Heckstall-Smith, the jazz and blues saxophonist. Other members of the band included bass guitarist Keith Tillman, who, like Heckstall-Smith, had previously played with John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers; and drummer Leonard “Stretch” Stretching, who had performed with Marvin Gaye and Tom Waits.
The album was re-released in the USA in October 2001 on the Aim Trading Group label, and has also been released with different titles. (wikipedia)
Still touring and delighting his fans, this album shows Bo in his element on his last tour of Europe with Dick Heckstall-Smith´s Mainsqueeze featuring Eric Bell (ex – Thin Lizzy) (taken frm the original liner notes)
And this is a hell of a record, because Mainsqueeze played in this fucking good British Blues-Rock style … check the line-up !
One of the best Bo Diddley recordings ever !
This album was later re-released (2006) as “Bo’s the Man! (Live On Tour)” … with three bonus tracks …
This is my reception against the corona virus !
Eric Bell (guitar)
Bo Diddley (vocals, guitar)
Dick Heckstall-Smith (saxophone)
Dave “Munch” Moore (keyboards)
Keith Tillman (bass)
Leonard “Stretch” Stretching (drums)
01. Intro / Bo Diddley Vamp (McDaniel) 7.26
02. Doctor Jeckyll (McDaniel/Heckstall-Smith) 5.02
03. Everleen (McDaniel) 4.38
04. I Don’t Know Where I’ve Been (McDaniel) 2.17
05. You Can’t Judge A Book Dixon) 3.54
06. Roadrunner (McDaniel) 3,25
07. I’m a Man (Morganfield/London/McDaniel) 10.38
08. Mona (McDaniel) 5.10
09. I Don’t Know Where I’ve Been (studio recording 1982) (McDaniel) 5.59
10. Juke (live 1967) (Jacobs) 3.32
11. Sad Horse (live 1967) (Jacobs) 5.22
Ellas McDaniel (born Ellas Otha Bates; December 30, 1928 – June 2, 2008)
known as the one and only Bo Diddley