As Cream’s “fourth member,” Felix Pappalardi was already a rock legend by the time he founded Mountain in 1969. Having enjoyed worldwide success with them, in 1973 he departed to collaborate with Japanese rockers Creation. This superb live set at the Ebbets Field club in Denver, Colorado, on July 30, 1976, was broadcast on KCUV-FM shortly after the release of their first album together, and includes contemporary material as well as an epic 20-minute rendition of Mountain’s classic “Nantucket Sleighride.” The complete broadcast is presented here in professionally remastered sound with background notes and rare archival photos.
This is killer album, as I was expecting this live recordings have nothing to do with their uneven studio album, here much heavier and better. The sound quality is nearly perfect, this is a rare and unique testimony, do not miss it.
And their version of “Nantucket Sleighride” is a brilliant version with great duitars and very fine drum playing.
Masayuki Higuchi (drums)
Yoshiaki Iljima (guitar)
Shigeru Matsumoto (bass)
Felix Papalardi (vocals, bass)
Kazuo Flash Takeda (guitar, vocals)
01. Preachers’ Daughters (Pappalardi/Collins/Takeda) 4.31
02. Secret Power (Pappalardi/Collins/Takeda) 6.47
03. Dreams I Dream Of You (Pappalardi/Collins/Takeda) 4.24
04. Travellin’ In The Dark (To EMP) () 3.55
05. Reason To Believe (Hardin) 3.15
06. Dark Eyed Lady Of The Night (Pappalardi/Collins/Takeda) 5.07
07. As The Years Go Passing By (Harris) 7.15
08. Nantucket Sleighride (To Owen Coffin) (Pappalardi/Collins) 21.39
09. High Heeled Sneakers (Higginbotham) 2.14