They were first marketed in the USA in a gigantic mail order package of 100 CDs at a cost of about $5 per disk, offering the “Vienna Master Series” of major symphonic, chamber, and piano repertoire. Lately they have been turning up on single disks and even in double disk sets at the cost of only $3.99 or even less for 2 CDs, or $1 to $2 per single disk, at dealers like Blockbuster Music.
They released at the end of the Eighties this sampler with music from their Catalog.
Unfortunately they didn´t give us any informations about the musicians and orchestras we can hear on this beautiful record.
But … even this mistake … it´s a sampler with very fine examples of classic music, including “Vltava (The Moldau) ” (one of my favorite classic composition)
Franz von Suppé:
01. Ouvertüre “Dichter Und Bauer” 9.34
02. Wiener Blut Op. 354 9.26
03. Walzer Cis-moll Op. 64/2 3.31
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart:
04. Symphonie Nr. 40 G-moll Kv 550, Molto Allegro 6.35
05. Concerto Grosso A-moll Allegro 3.57
Johann Sebastian Bach:
06. Toccata und Fuge D-moll 8.28
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky:
07. Swan-Lake Suite 3.10
08. Vltava (The Moldau) 12.52
09. Ouvertüre zu Tannhäuser 14.39