A real strange band and a real strange album:
The T-Bones were a Liberty Records recording group from 1963 – 1966. The studio recordings of all of their albums but the last were done by American session musicians, The Wrecking Crew.
They should not be confused with Gary Farr’s British mid-1960s band of the same name. In Britain, the name “U.S. T-Bones” was used for the Liberty Records group.
When the T-Bones had a hit in 1966 with the single No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach’s In), Liberty Records quickly recorded an album of the same name using session musicians from The Wrecking Crew, but those musicians weren’t willing to go on tour to promote the album. They were making too much money doing sessions in Los Angeles. So Liberty created a different “public” T-Bones group to appear on record covers, TV, and in concert. The “public” T-Bones were Judd Hamilton, Dan Hamilton, Joe Frank Carollo, Tommy Reynolds, and Gene Pello. None of them played on the hit record, nor did they play on the next album, “Sippin’ and Chippin.” However the “public” T-Bones did record the T-Bones’ final album, “Everyone’s Gone To The Moon (And Other Trips).” Dan Hamilton, Carollo, and Reynolds would later form the 1970s soft rock trio Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds.
“No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach’s In)”, was based on the melody from a commercial for Alka-Seltzer. The tune reached #3, and its follow-up, “Sippin N Chippin”, peaked at #62; the accompanying album hit #75 on the Billboard 200. (by wikipedia)
And here´s one of these crazy albums …
Call it Lounge music or Easy Listening … and you have the chance to hear “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” in a very smoothy way ..
Members of the Wrecking Crew employed for a session at Gold Star Studios in the 1960s. Seated left to right: Don Randi, Al De Lory, Carol Kaye, Bill Pitman, Tommy Tedesco, Irving Rubins, Roy Caton, Jay Migliori, Hal Blaine, Steve Douglas, and Ray Pohlman:
01. Walkin’ My Cat Named Dog (Tanega) 1.58
02. Tippy Toeing (Harden) 2.03
03. Time Won’t Let Me (Kelley/King) 2.21
04. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Jagger/Richards) 2.16
05. Forty Five (Colt 45 Theme) (Claman/Toth) 2.00
06. Sippin’ ‘n Chippin’ (Burland) 1.59
07. The Phoenix Love Theme (Senzza Fine) (From Film “The Flight Of The Phoenix”) (Wilder/Paoli) 2.16
08. What Now My Love (Et Maintenant) (Sigman/Delanoë/Bécaud) 2.09
09. Sure Gonna’ Miss Her (Russell) 2.27
10. Cinnamint Shuffle (Mexican Shuffle) (Lake) 2.02
11. Pretty Face (Cimbalo/Cashman) 2.33
12. Spanish Flea (Wechter) 2.33
The public T-Bones:
Danny Hamilton, Joe Frank Carollo, Judd Hamilton, Tommy Reynolds: