I noticed some Clarence White-era Byrds earlier and it reminded me of that huge stash of sb’s that came out several years back. To my knowledge, the bulk of these recordings were source by someone close to the group, possible in their employ. I can’t say that for certain though. There were quite a number of shows, just about all from the Clarence period which is just fine with me.
I had the pleasure of seeing them at that time in NYC’s Central Park with Van The Man as support. An amazing concert needless to say! Anyway, it seems not all of the leaked sb’s got around back then so I thought I’d offer one up.
This show took place at the short lived 46th St. Rock Palace in Brooklyn, NYy in the fall of 1970. It was later reopened as Banana Fish Garden which, aside from having concerts, hosted some used for the Don Kirshner’s Rock Concert TV Show. Anyway, I think this will be of much interest as it does not appear to circulate and is supposed to have been sourced from the masters right to cdr so it doesn’t get much better. (by davmar)
Recorded live at the 46th Street Rock Palace, Brooklyn, NY; October 23, 1970.
Very good soundboard.
Skip Battin (bass, vocals)
Roger McGuinn (guitar, vocals)
Gene Parsons (drums, vocals)
Clarence White (guitar, vocals)
01. Lover Of The Bayou (McGuinn/Levy) 2.55
02. You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere (Dylan) 3.05
03. I Trust (McGuinn) 4.22
04. My Back Pages (Dylan) 2.30
05. Baby What You Want Me To Do (Reed) 4.42
06. Truck Stop Girl (George/Payne) 4.19
07. Black Mountain Rag (Berline) 2.19
08. Mr Tambourine Man (Dylan) 3.03
09. Take A Whiff On Me (Traditional) 3.15
10. Ballad Of Easy Rider (McGuinn/Dylan) 2.07
11. Jesus Is Just Alright (Reynolds) 3.07
12. Eight Miles High (Clark/McGuinn/Crosby) 14.03
13. Hold It () 2.05
Thanks to davmar for sharing this previously uncirculated soundboard on Dime.
Skip Battin died on the evening of July 6, 2003
of complications from Alzheimer’s disease