From the moment the TBBB started in 2005, they have been considered the surprise of the Dutch blues scene. In fact, they won many “Blues CD of The Month” and “Blues CD of The Year” awards with their first two CDs.
This CD consists of eight originals and two covers, which starts by getting the heart of this blues fan pounding. There’s plenty of “edge” here with quieter moments too. The vocals of J.J. Scherpenzeel are very soulful and rich, while the guitar of Kees Dusink is tasteful beyond question, demonstrating a clear understanding of blues stylings and a rare ability to pull the listener into the song.
Add a cool harp and you’ve got a strong blues CD. (by dwmmusic.com)
I love this blues since the late Sixities … and it´s such a great feeling … that this kind of music is still live and well …
The Blues will never die …
Lisen and enjoy !
Marcel Bakker (drums)
Kees Dusink (leadguitar)
Patrick Obrist (bass)
Randy Pears (guitar)
Jan J. Scherpenzeel (vocals, harmonica)
01. Can You Hear Me Howlin’ (Scherpenzeel/Dusink) 5.11
02. Love That Burns (Green) 7.01
03. Let’s Talk About It (Scherpenzeel/Dusink) 6.11
04 I’m Losing You (Scherpenzeel/Dusink) 6.26
05. Talk Of The Town (Scherpenzeel/Dusink) 5.15
06. Key To You Heart (Scherpenzeel) 6.55
07. Saturday Night (Scherpenzeel/Dusink) 4.32
08. Marian (Scherpenzeel/Dusink) 5.51
09. I Ain’t Born In Chicago (Scherpenzeel/Dusink) 8.44
10. Big Legged Woman (Tolbert) 4.44