Lars Mattias Winnerbäck (born 19 October 1975 in Stockholm) is a Swedish singer and songwriter. He was born in Stockholm but spent his childhood in Linköping, where he attended Katedralskolan. He moved back to Stockholm in 1996, the same year he released his first album, Dans med svåra steg. He is now one of Sweden’s most popular artists.
The influence of songwriters like Carl Michael Bellman, Evert Taube, Bob Dylan, Ulf Lundell and Cornelis Vreeswijk shines through in Winnerbäck’s exclusively Swedish lyrics, which deal with shallowness, prejudice in society, as well as romance, relationships and anxiety. Several songs depict the difference between living in small town Linköping and the capital Stockholm.
His vinyl records were re-released in October 2011, many of them charting again on the Sverigetopplistan, the official Swedish Albums Chart. (by wikipedia)
And this is one of his beautiful albums … unfortunately I don´t understand Swedish, but I´m sure, this man has very much to say.
And even I don´t understand the words – the music is brilliant, a real fine album from a great singer/songwriter … listen to the music and you´ll know what I mean. Discover this masterpiece !
Ola Gustafsson (guitar, banjo, steel-guitar, mandolin, dobro)
Sara Isaksson (keyboards, drums, percussion, vocals)
Lars Winnerbäck (vocals, guitar, harmonica)
01. Se dig om (Look Around You) 3.16
02. Det är visst någon som är tillbaka (Seems Like Someone Is Back) 3.32
03. Elegi (Elegy) 4.38
04. Jag är hos dig igen (I’m With You Again) 3.55
05. Dom tomma stegen (The Empty Steps) 4.57
06. Hjärter dams sista sång (The Queen Of Hearts’ Final Song) 3.55
07. Stackars (Poor) 3.22
08. Hon kommer från främmande vidder (She Comes From Foreign Plains) 4.14
09. Dom sista drömmarna del II (The Final Dreams Part II) 3.53
10. Mareld 6.50
All songs written by Lars Winnerbäck